- UL® Listed for use in Class 1 Division 2 hazardous areas.
- NEMA TS-2 rated for use in transportation applications.
- Offers direct IP, virtual COM port, or paired modes of operation.
- Features two DB9 ports for the RS-232/422/485 device connections.
- Equipped with a 10-/100-Mbps port for LAN/WAN connectivity.
- Includes easy-to-use configuration software.
- Built-in Web server for browser-based management.
- Boasts high throughput with low latency.
- Slim IP30 enclosure saves on DIN rail space.
Communicate easily with two RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 serial devices via your LAN or WAN with the rugged and compact 2-Port Hardened Serial Server from Black Box.
It’s just what you need to improve productivity and cut down on the amount of time required to configure or troubleshoot serial devices located on a factory floor or in a remote location.
Eliminate visits to a distant site just to make a minor change to a configuration. You can do all this from the comfort of your office using an Ethernet LAN or WAN connection, or even from home via a standard Web connection.
A simple-to-install, user-friendly Web configuration software application enables programming through a browser connection. No time-consuming setup is required.
Set it up to operate in one of three modes:
In Direct IP Mode, you use TCP/IP or UDP/IP to communicate directly with the serial devices.
In Virtual COM Mode, you can communicate with the devices via your network just as if they were connected to physical COM ports.
In Paired Mode, mUL®tiple serial devices can communicate with one another using network tunneling.
The 2-Port Hardened Serial Server has two standard DB9 serial ports for the RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 device connections, and an autodetecting 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX port for a CAT5 connection to your Ethernet network.
Plus, for reliable operation, the serial server offers a heartbeat connection, which detects any TCP communication failures and sends out signals every five seconds until the system is reconnected.